This mouth-watering Avocado Bacon Chicken Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad is not only delicious, it’s also healthy! With only one tablespoon of bacon crumbles, you don’t have to feel guilty for eating it. It’s low-carb, low-fat, low-calories and gluten free!
Looking at this iceberg wedge makes me want to get a fork and knife and start digging in. It’s completely yummy and pretty healthy too. If you can eat this for lunch, you won’t even feel like you’re eating healthy. This is REAL food, fast!
I love a good looking salad! I’m not even a big iceberg lettuce fan but, when you add a high-quality avocado yogurt dressing, crispy bacon, Gorgonzola cheese, fresh avocado slices, and grape tomatoes, it has to be good right?
If you had a Avocado & Greens Banana Smoothie for breakfast and this Avocado Bacon Chicken Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad for lunch, you’d be on a great, and delicious, start to the day!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a very small commission which helps with blog expenses so you can continue to receive FREE recipes but, the price you pay is the same. Clicking on the link takes you straight to YOUR Amazon account.
How to Make Avocado Bacon Chicken Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad
Iceberg lettuce wedge salad is easy-to-make. The full printable recipe card is below. It includes substitutions and how to poach chicken breast too if you don’t have grilled chicken or access to a grill. Although, I often make chicken in my air fryer. Using one is a great way to cut fat and calories while getting crispy potatoes and chicken wings.
Using this Oxo 3-in-1 avocado pitter, peeler and slicer makes eating avocados even easier. For about $10, this handy kitchen tool makes eating healthier faster and simpler. Don’t we all need simplification in our lives?
Click image to purchase on Amazon! (affiliate link)
Plus, you can substitute turkey for chicken in this recipe, omit the bacon crumbles (I wouldn’t do that though because it adds a lot of flavor and one piece of bacon is a moderate serving.) The avocado slices give you the healthy fats your body needs- Omega 3 fatty acids. Read more about the health benefits of avocados and why they’re an important part of a low carb diet.
You’ll probably like my Grilled Chicken Blue Cheese Cranberry Salad too. I love adding grilled chicken to my salads, lettuce wraps, pasta and rice bowls.
This Flavorful Grilled Lemon Rosemary Chicken is one of my favorites because it’s so flavorful and freezes well too so, it’s great for meal prep. Get FREE access to our Resources Library to get the 4 week meal plan kit below after the recipe.
I know you gotta make those girlfriends jealous this summer with how good you look in your new beach body. Get motivated eating healthier with this delicious iceberg lettuce wedge salad and start seeing weight loss results in time for bathing suit season. Yikes!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Avocado Bacon Chicken Lettuce Wedge
- Avocado 3-in-one pitter, slicer, peeler
- 1 1/2 cups iceberg lettuce wedge 1/6 iceberg lettuce head
- 1/2 cup
grilled chicken pieces
- 4 slices avocado
grape tomatoescut into 1/3 pieces
- 1 tbsp bacon crumbles
- 2 tbsp
Bolthouse Farms Avocado Green Goddess Yogurt Dressing (low sugar)
Salt and pepper to taste
- First, place one bacon strip in the microwave for 3-5 minutes on high power to cook. Drain fat and crumble when cool.
- Meanwhile, cut a whole head of iceberg lettuce in half,
then cut the halves into thirds. Place one iceberg lettuce wedge on a salad
- Then, place avocado slices on the side of the lettuce wedge. .
- Next, add grilled chicken pieces to the lettuce wedge or place on the sides.
- Then, add grape tomato slices to lettuce wedge.
- Next, drizzle dressing on top.
Last, sprinkle with bacon crumbles.
Substitutions:NOTE: nutritional values will differ if you use and of the substitutions below.
- Use poached chicken breast if you don't have grilled chicken breast. Instructions are below.
- Use shredded turkey breast instead of chicken.
- Use imitation bacon bits if you prefer.
- Use any low fat ranch dressing you prefer.
- Use low fat blue cheese dressing instead of ranch dressing.
How to poach skinless, boneless chicken breast:
- First, place one medium-sized (about 3-4 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast in a small sauce pan with water covering the chicken breast and up to 1 1/2 inches from the top of the pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on medium heat, covered for 15 minutes. Cut in half to check if it is no longer pink inside. Continue cooking one or two minutes longer if it's still pink.