Almond Butter Cookies with flour are buttery delicious! They’re super easy to make with only 6 ingredients and a are a great addition to a holiday cookie tray.
I’ve been making these Almond Butter Cookies for years. It’s an easy recipe to make with just 6 ingredients.
They’re buttery like you’d expect in a butter cookie but, full of almond flavor.
I like the ease of making them because the dough is firm so, you don’t have to wait for it cool in the refrigerator like other cookie recipes.
You can begin rolling the balls immediately and baking them.
Disclaimer: This post may contain Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay stays the same.
Butter Cookie Recipes
Butter cookies are one of my favorite cookies so, adding almond flavoring can only make them even better than simple butter cookies.
They make a great addition to your holiday cookie tray.
Almond Butter Cookies with Flour
This recipe is so easy and it makes a big batch of cookies so, I only make one batch.
Plus, you can decorate them with sprinkles, sugar crystals or simply with powdered sugar or whole almonds as pictured.
Almond Butter Cookie Ingredients
Kitchen Tools Needed
I bought my silicone baking mats from Amazon. They’re easy to clean and will pay for themselves over and over when you compare the cost of them to parchment paper which gets tossed in the trash.
How to Make Cake Flour
You can buy cake flour but, I didn’t have any so I made my own by adding 3/4 cup plus 2 tsp of cornstarch to all purpose flour and sifting it together for this recipe.
How to Make Almond Butter Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 375F.
- Next, mix almond paste and sugar.
- Then, add eggs one at a time and mix.
- Next, add butter and mix well.
- Then, add cake flour one cup at a time and mix after each addition.
- Next, roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch or so balls and flatten them slightly.
- Then, add one whole almond to each flattened cookie dough ball.
- Next, bake at 375F for about 8-10 minutes. The bottom of the cookies should be slightly browned.
- Instead of topping with almonds, sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Instead of topping with whole almonds, chop them and add them to the top.
These Almond Butter Cookies are so tasty and just perfect for eating with coffee or tea. As I mentioned above, I’ve been making them for years! Because they’re so easy-to-make, they make a great addition to your holiday baking.
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
You may also like:
See more cookie recipes.
Almond Butter Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 375F.
- Then, line cookies sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, add combine almond paste and sugar. Mix well.
- Then, add eggs one at a time. Mix well after each egg.
- Next, add butter and mix until light.
- Then, add flour and mix until combined.
- Next, roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and flatten. Place on the parchment lined cookie sheets and repeat until all cookie dough batter is on cookie sheets. Cookies can be placed 1 inch apart as they don't spread much. You'll need about 4-5 cookies sheets.
- Then, bake cookies at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of cookie. If it comes out clean, they're done. Another indication is the bottom of the cookies are browning.
- Let cookies cool on cooling racks for 30 minutes and then place in air tight containers being careful when placing them as the almonds can fall off.
Cake flour recipe substitute:Add 3/4 cups, plus 2 tsp of cornstarch to 5 3/4 cups of flour and sift together.