Yummy, crunchy coconut shrimp with sweet chili sauce is just my kind of dinner! It’s ready in only 20 min from prep to finish! Tasty and easy for the nights you just don’t feel like fussing in the kitchen but, still want a good meal. Air Fryer Crunchy Panko Coconut Shrimp is a not too sweet, crunchy, coconut shrimp recipe that can be easily made without an air fryer too!
Can shrimp be cooked in an air fryer? Certainly! I’ll show you how.
You can make these golden shrimp in your air fryer but, you can also make them in a conventional oven. So, you can pass this recipe onto your friends who don’t own an air fryer.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a very small commission which helps with blog expenses so you can continue to receive FREE recipes but, the price you pay is the same.
Just look at that golden color! These yummy shrimp look like they’re going to jump off the page and into your mouth! Get your shrimp out and your bowls ready cause we’re gonna make some air fried coconut shrimp!
My New Air Fryer
When I got my new Air Fryer, I couldn’t wait to start coming up with new recipes to make in it. My air fryer has a door that folds out like an oven door that I can put up to five trays in it. Plus, I can use the rotating basket it comes with to make crispy French Fries without submerging them in oil. You can save so many calories and fat by using an Air Fryer and everything comes out crispy! It makes a great gift!
Basically, just about anything you’d fry, you can make in the air fryer. I just spray the food with cooking spray before I put it the air fryer.
I try to make fish and seafood once a week to keep us from eating a lot of red meat and chicken gets boring if you eat it too much. So, I’ll make Coconut Lime Shrimp, Asparagus & Rice or Panko Fish Tacos with Sriracha Lemongrass Sauce every once in a while to keep things interesting in my kitchen. If only we could afford lobster more often! Oh, what I could make with that.
How long does it take to cook shrimp in an air fryer?
Somewhere between 6 and 10 minutes but, this recipe is about 10 minutes because of the breading.
Air Fryer Crunchy Panko Coconut Shrimp
These crunchy air fried coconut shrimp are really easy-to-make. The shrimp will be dipped, dunked and laid in the sun (Air Fyer) to brown….kind of like a day at the beach. In the water, lathered up with sunscreen, fall into the sand and then in the sun to bake! lol!
- First, make a dipping station with egg wash (beaten eggs) and a mixture of Panko, Japanese style bread crumbs and sweetened coconut flakes.
- Then, sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Next, dip the shrimp in the egg wash and then liberally dredge them in a mixture of coconut flakes and Panko bread crumbs.
- Then, spray the dipped shrimp with cooking spray (as if it were sunscreen at the beach) and pop them in the air fryer for 10 min on 385F.
- Finally, serve them with some sweet chili sauce or maybe a mango chutney?! You decide.
The coconut shrimp come out crunchy and tasty without being deep fried!
This is a great weeknight meal because it’s quick and easy! Serve it over rice or inside tortillas for yummy shrimp tacos!
This dinner could seriously impress your husband. He may think you went to a lot of effort for him. We want him to think that. Wink!
Crunchy Panko Coconut Shrimp are easy-to-make and you don’t even need an air fryer to make them. My hubby loved these coconut shrimp. He looks forward to coming home to a tasty dinner every night. If only I felt like cooking every night! Add this recipe to your rotation.
Shrimp is always an easy dinner to make because it cooks so quickly. That’s why I have Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine on my dinner rotation. It takes only 10 minutes to cook!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Air Fryer Crunchy Panko Coconut Shrimp
- 12 Extra Large Shrimp (peeled but, tails on)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded, sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup Panko Japanese Bread Crumbs
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- cooking spray
- Add salt and pepper to shrimp.
- Beat egg in a medium bowl. Add shrimp. Coat with beaten egg.
- In a salad plate, add Panko and shredded, sweetened coconut.
- Coat shrimp with egg liberally with bread/coconut mix. It will not stick but, just dip it in on both sides and leave it flat so the bread/coconut mixture remains on top.
- Spray coated shrimp liberally with cooking spray. Put in Air Fryer.
- Cook in Air Fryer on 385F for 10 min.
- Drizzle sweet chili sauce on top.