Hi, I’m Joanne and I’m the creator of No Plate Like Home. Welcome!! I’m glad you’re here. I love cooking and baking and started this blog to share my recipes with the world. I want be your resource for delicious family meals, cooking tips and hosting holiday dinners. I live in a Philadelphia suburb with my husband and our cute 6 and 5 yr. old boys. Here’s a little about me.
About Me -My Story
My first lessons for cooking came from beloved mother, who tragically passed away when I was just 18 yrs old. What made it even worse was that I grew up with no father too. My parents were Italian immigrants. My mom was a very independent, strong-minded woman and taught me to be the same. She was an excellent cook and I sure miss her home cooked meals she made with love.
I still managed to graduate college while working full time and earned an M.B.A. without taking out any student loans. My employers paid 100% for all three of my college degrees! It took me many years to accomplish this. I tell you that what my biggest accomplishment in life is learning to fend for myself from age 18! This is NOT something you can learn in college. Through years of studying my emotions, I became stronger than ever. I appreciate the family I have now more than anything else. It’s all I’d ever wanted since being a little girl with no siblings.
I grew up eating from-scratch, gourmet level dishes. From Italian Rum Cake and homemade pasta to Authentic Italian meatballs and gravy(aka tomato sauce) and Homemade Wedding Soup, there was always something great to eat!
After her tragic passing, I developed a passion for cooking myself and want to share my creations not only with my own family but with yours too!
What Kind of Recipes Will You Find Here?
Here’s what’s POPULAR:
What Else Will You Find On No Plate Like Home?
Instant Pot Recipes
More About No Plate Like Home Recipes
- I believe in good food! It’s cheaper and better than eating out. There’s no plate like home, there’s no plate like home!
- I often cook with extra virgin olive oil and garlic. If you don’t like garlic, you’re probably in the wrong place sorry.
- You’ll find my recipes are easy and wholesome meals.
- I rarely use boxed mixes and never use canned soups, etc. It’s not a crime or anything, I just prefer to make my own. I can tell the taste difference between packet taco seasoning and my own.
- I’ll use a Pillsbury crust for pies and quiche. It’s faster and makes less of a mess.
- Cooking mostly from scratch not only tastes better and is higher quality but, it is better for your family. It’s not difficult to learn with practice and great recipes. I don’t go as far to churn my own butter, milk my own cows but, I will make homemade bread from time to time.
- In this blog, you will find easy and delicious, from scratch meals, one pot and 30 min meals, yummy desserts, easy appetizers and tasty cocktails. Some of my recipes are authentic Italian and Italian inspired recipes.
I share my creations to help other busy moms provide homemade, great tasting, healthier meals to their families. It makes me warm inside to know that.
There’s no way to get a tasty One Pot, Ham and Bean Soup from a can! Nope, don’t even try.
I’m helping moms to prepare great-tasting meals for their families. When our boys are grown and gone, I want them coming back for big, fun family dinners and mom’s good home cooking…plus my hugs and kisses. It about cooking with love!
How Do You Subscribe to No Plate Like Home?
Sign up for the No Plate Like Home newsletter! It’s FREE! Subscribing to the newsletter means you’ll receive, via email, recipes, offers, freebies, tips and useful information to help you feed your family as a busy mom.
Follow on Social Media
Pinterest, where you’ll find 60k+ pins in recipes, Money, DIY, home decor, parenting, fashion, travel and much more.
Facebook where I share our content along with other great content and recipe videos and more photos.
Instagram where you’ll find more food photos from restaurants where my family dines and other of my food creations.
You Tube see our new recipe videos! Note: I’m still working on adding videos.
Don’t miss out… subscribe on multiple platforms!
If you like it, SHARE it!
Now that you’ve learned a little about me, thanks for visiting and I hope you’ll come back soon!
Ciao for now!
No Plate Like Home owner/creator